Now is a perfect time to get your space dialed in so you can be more efficient and way more organized. Here are 12 quick & easy organizing tips for a tidy home.
You will be amazing at how much better you’ll feel living in a need and tidy space.
1. Donate clothing you don’t wear – This doesn’t have to be a lengthy process. If you haven’t worn it in the past year and it’s not occasion specific, donate it.
2. Organize your clothes by color – This may seem silly but you’d be surprised as how much more you’ll enjoy selecting your clothes for the day when your closet looks like a department store display.
3. Invest in drawer organizers – This is a super inexpensive way to keep those cluttered drawers organized and encourages frequent clean out of those unused items.
4. Get rid of unused mugs – How many coffee cups can you use in a day? Keep enough for 1 mugs a day per coffee drinker and donate the rest. For sentimental mugs, display them over the coffee area on floating shelves.
5. Sort your food containers – Set all your containers on the counter and start over with stacking and placements. I bet you’ll find some extra room in your cabinets when you’re done.
6. Hang your coats – It’s easy to drape them over a chair, but it’s more visually pleasing when you take the extra seconds to hang them in the closet. You also might consider a wall or free standing coat rack for easy access.
7. Rearrange your coffee table – This is the ideal spot for clutter to land and rest for a long period of time. Make it a point to clear your tables each night before bed so that you wake up to a clutter-free space.
8. Declutter your desk – An overcrowded, unorganized workspace leaves us distracted, unmotivated and lacking efficiency.
9. Reduce paper clutter – Organize your important papers in a filing system and scan everything else to reduce the need for large filing cabinets.
10. Minimize visual clutter – You may not realize just how much your exterior environment is effecting your overall mood. Keeping things tucked away in their proper place allows you to feel at peace and relaxed in your home.
11. Streamline tech items – Every home has mounds of tech items so it’s best to have a station for all electronics. It can be as simple as a small basket near an outlet to give you an easy to access charging station.
12. Divide things by category – When organizing items whether large or small, it’s helpful to sort things by category and then determine the best organizing method based on the number of items in each category.
These 12 quick & easy organizing tips for a tidy home will have impacts on your well-being that you can’t imagine. No need to be overwhelmed by this list. Focus on just 1 tip each week and then maintain and enjoy the order in your home